MASU on the meeting in the Ministry of higher education and science on Russian-Norwegian collaboration
On 4th of October the meeting on Russian-Norwegian collaboration took place in the Ministry of Science and Higher education of the Russian Federation in Moscow. Advisor of the International cooperation office Mikhail Uksusov represented MASU at this meeting.
The meeting discussed new trends in bilateral Russian-Norwegian relations in science and higher education, Arctic issues as a priority area of cooperation, joint research, incoming and outgoing academic mobility, as well as issues of popularizing Russian language in Norway and Norwegian language in Russia.
The delegation from the Norwegian side was represented by:
Norwegian Ministry of Education and Research (MoER)
- Joakim Bakke, Director — Head of Section, Department of Higher Education, Research and International Affairs
- Thor Martin Antonsen, Senior Adviser, Department of Higher Education, Research and International Affairs
Royal Norwegian Embassy in Moscow
- Radina Trengereid, Counsellor for Education, Science and Technology
University of Tromsø The Arctic University of Norway
- Astrid Brokke, Senior Adviser
- Elena Dybtsyna, Associate Professor
University of Bergen
- Toril Ivarsøy, Senior Adviser
University of Oslo
- Christian Janss, Associate Professor
Norwegian Agency for International Cooperation and Quality Enhancement in Higher Education (Diku)
- Herdis Kolle, Senior Adviser
Research Council of Norway (RCN)
- Kristin Høiby, Senior Adviser
University and College Council
- Alf Rasmussen, Secretary General
The Russian side was represented by the Ministry of Science and Higher education, MASU, NARFU, PetrSU, St. Petersburg State University, Higher School of Economics, Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia, Pushkin State Russian Language Institute, etc.
The parties discussed topical issues of cooperation, presented their experience and outlined the vector for further development of cooperation in the field of higher education and science.